Department: Commercial Lending;
Openings: Columbia Market
Reports to: CEO
Summary: Oversees and manages commercial loans
- Three or more years of experience in commercial lending.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial lending policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of lending services and related areas.
- Good managerial, communication and sales skills.
- Detail oriented to properly analyze information
- Proficient in Word, and Excel
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Specializes in helping businesses obtain loans.
- Explains types of loans, negotiates credit terms, such as costs, loan repayment methods and collateral specifications.
- Analyzes the credit history and financial status of applicants and determines the feasibility in granting loans and the loan repayment capabilities.
- Meets with applicants to gather information for loan application and to answer questions.
- Evaluates potential customer loan requests and makes loan recommendations to management.
- Ensures that own work is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines and is complete and accurate according to the policies.
- Develops and maintains interest rate structure to be consistent with financial institution policies and procedures and to be competitive with current market rates.
- Detail oriented to properly analyze all information without skipping over any financial details.
- Review and update loan files and credit.
- Must have training in bank regulation to include BSA/AML Policy & Procedures, as well as, other policies directly related to the commercial lending function.
- May handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to achieve resolution.
- Reviews loans for any delinquent activity and contact account holders through telephone calls, letters or personal visits, as necessary to negotiate the arrangements for payment.
- Develops new customer prospects and business for the financial institution
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.