- Proficiency in use of computer for accounting purposes, Microsoft WORD, Microsoft EXCEL, and other database management programs as required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Good telephone etiquette.
- Conscientious attention to detail.
New Business Development:
- Serve as trust administrative assistant to Trust Officer for telephone calls to trust department in said region. Take messages or action, as required.
- Assist Trust Officer with tracking of accounts in progress and prospective accounts including organizing information on M Drive and to report to Trust Committee.
- Review documents on new accounts for set up information required and code for system set up to include CIP data and additional contacts. Follow up as needed.
- Set up New Account paperwork including ASB Internal Checklist and forms requiring signatures of new client.
- Prepare letters for Officer’s signature on new accounts accepted and set up files, as needed.
- Set up administrative file system (paper & M Drive) for new accounts.
- Transfer all original documentation to Lexington Branch vault.
- Assist Trust Officer with monitoring account balances on assigned accounts. Specifically monitor accounts for low balances in ASB Money Market Fund or account overdrafts.
- Assist Trust Officer with follow up required on outstanding bills/statements and special distribution requests or other matters relating to bill paying system. Trust Administrative Assistant will be given an approval level to process transactions and disbursements when the Trust Officer is not available.
- Monitor daily account transactions (including fees) for accuracy. Immediately communicate with Operations corrections that need to be made.
- Prepare documents and information for Ernst & Young tax reporting platform for fiduciary tax return preparation including communicating with any outside tax preparers for both fiduciary and individual tax preparation.
- Assist Trust Officer with reviewing account holdings and assets posted to assigned accounts for accuracy.
- Open, sort, & deliver mail, as needed.
- Monitor ticklers on a daily basis for Trust Officer. Following up or taking action where needed.
- Keep filing up-to-date including placing documents, copies, statements, etc in account files. Create new files, as needed.
- Keep scanning current (on a daily basis, if needed). Scan information to Trust Department M Drive or IMAGE. Retrieve documents for Trust Officer when requested.
- Work with Trust Officer to keep appointment schedule current. Confirm appointments set previously or actually set appointments in appropriate cases.
- Calculate quarterly distributions for clients, as required. Maintain proper controls for accurate reporting. Prepare Letters of Authorization to Financial Advisors for distribution of income.
- Assist Trust Officer with court reports &/or annual accountings for conservator accounts, Estates, and VA accounts, as needed.
- Prepare Letters of Authorization as required for officer signature on managed accounts or other correspondence, as requested.
- Assist Trust Officer is setting up Annual Account Reviews with clients and Financial Advisors. Complete the necessary account review forms for the document files/M Drive. (Special Needs Trust require completion of special evaluation form.)
- Assist Trust Officer and Real Estate Manager with properties held in assigned accounts.
- Maintain trust department files, as required.
- Maintain/order supplies for Trust Office.
- Maintain general good order in Trust Office.
- Prepare Trust Office for client meetings (including offering coffee, water, etc)
- Cooperate with branch staff for incoming phone calls, mail/courier prep, customer service, etc.
- Assist Trust Officer in tasks and projects, as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.