Managing your money shouldn’t be a hassle. However, keeping up with family or employee spending can be difficult, especially when frequent news stories about data breaches make security a constant concern.
At Arthur State Bank, we value our traditional approach to customer service. When it comes to technology, though, we know you need innovative solutions. Our CardValet app offers a simple way to manage debit or credit card spending and increase security.
What Is CardValet?
CardValet is a complementary spending control app that you can download with your Arthur State Bank debit or credit card. It offers a simple way to manage debit or credit card spending.
You can download the app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you will input your card information and confirm your identity. After you complete those steps, the app is ready to use to manage and secure your money.
You can add your debit or credit card information as well as the debit or credit cards of family members associated with your account. Businesses can do the same with employees who have a company card.
Managing Debit or Credit Card Spending with CardValet
CardValet makes it easy to manage your spending as well as the spending of other people with debit or credit cards associated with your account. You can control spending by:
- Location. You can restrict purchases to a specific GPS location or turn on alerts if your card is used outside your country or region.
- Merchant type. You can allow purchases at some types of merchants, but not others. For example, if you have children, you could allow them to spend money at restaurants but not at department stores.
- Transaction type. You can also control different types of transactions. For example, you may just want your card to be used for in-store transactions, but not for online ones.
- Purchase amount. You can set a transaction spending limit. For example, you could only allow transactions that are $100 or less.
If someone tries to make a purchase that doesn’t meet your criteria, the transaction will be declined.
Increasing Security with CardValet
CardValet can help protect against card fraud, and its alert system helps you respond quickly. With CardValet you can:
- Set up alerts. Your card can send you alerts based on the location of a transaction, the type of merchant, the type of transaction, or the amount of a purchase. If someone tries to make a purchase for which an alert has been set up, you’ll receive an instant notification. If you don’t recognize the transaction, you can take immediate action.
- Turn your debit or credit cards on and off. With CardValet, your debit or credit card is only “on” when you want it to be. Going out of town and leaving your debit or credit card at home? You can turn it off, temporarily disabling it, until you get back.
These security features help prevent fraud and make life easier if your debit or credit cards are lost or stolen.
Financial Peace of Mind
You expect stellar customer service from a community bank like Arthur State Bank. CardValet is one more way we provide that service. It provides you with a simple way to manage debit or credit card transactions and get a better sense of your spending. Visit our website to learn more about CardValet and Arthur State Bank debit or credit cards.