For Arthur State Bank customers with smartphones, our Mobile Banking App can put instant account access and a range of banking-related services right in the palms of their hands. And one of the app’s most convenient features, Mobile Deposit, allows them to easily deposit checks from anywhere, at any time using the camera on their mobile devices — and without having to make a trip to the bank.
So just how can customers make Mobile Deposit work for them? And how long does it take for the funds from a Mobile Deposit to become available? Further, are there other common questions about the Mobile Deposit process that customers might want answered?
- What is required to make a Mobile Deposit?
To make Mobile Deposits, Arthur State Bank customers need to have an Arthur State Bank , be enrolled in Online Banking via the Arthur State Bank website, and have a smartphone with the Arthur State Bank Mobile Banking App installed on it.
- How do I perform a Mobile Deposit?
The step-by-step process for making a Mobile Deposit includes:
- Step 1: Endorse your check with blue or black ink. This involves signing the back of your check in the endorsement area with “For Mobile Deposit Only ASB” written beneath the signature.
- Step 2: After opening the Arthur State Bank Mobile Banking App and choosing “Deposit Checks,” enter the amount of your check in the field provided, plus choose the Online Banking-connected account to which you’d like to deposit the funds
- Step 3: Take photos of the front and back of your endorsed check as prompted by the app. When taking the photos, ensure that your check is on a flat surface and is well-lit, and that the images are clearly in focus. After taking photos of your check and submitting them in the app, you’ll make a finalized submission of your Mobile Deposit via the app.
- Step 4: Once your Mobile Deposit has been completed, you’ll receive one email notifying you that your deposit has been received, then another to let you know when your check has been approved.
- Step 5: To keep track of paper checks that have been deposited via Mobile Deposit, it’s a good idea to write “Deposited on [date here]” on the front of the check and retain it for your records.
- Can I deposit as many checks as I want via Mobile Deposit? In any amount?
There is no limit to the number of Mobile Deposits you can make via the Arthur State Bank Mobile Banking App in a month. There is, however, a $2,500 daily limit to deposits made using the Mobile Banking App.
- How long will it take for funds put in my account via Mobile Deposit to become available?
Checks deposited electronically are still subject to verification, so the funds will typically not be available immediately. In most cases, for checks deposited via Mobile Deposit before 5 p.m. EST on business days, the funds will be available a few hours after they’ve been approved. Checks deposited via Mobile Deposit after 5 p.m. on business days, or on weekends or holidays will typically be processed and available on the next business day.
- After making a Mobile Deposit, what do I do with my paper check?
It’s recommended that customers keep their paper checks for at least 60 days after making a Mobile Deposit, then shred them to help reduce the risk of fraud.
- Is the Mobile Deposit process safe?
As with all elements of its Online Banking and Mobile Banking offerings, Arthur State Bank makes every effort to ensure that its Mobile Deposit process is highly secure. A number of industry-standard security and encryption protocols have been put in place to help make sure that customers’ account information and financial details are kept safe and protected at all times, including during the Mobile Deposit process.
Proudly serving South Carolina since 1933, Arthur State Bank offers accounts and services to meet a variety of financial needs. To help you achieve all your financial goals, the bank offers in-person service as well as a range of convenient digital solutions. To learn how Arthur State Bank can help you with banking needs ranging from checking and savings to retirement accounts, mortgages, other personal loans and more, visit arthurstatebank.com.